Last updated: 11th November 2021
Your privacy is important to us and we do our utmost to protect your personal information. This privacy statement which is based on the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 describes what personal information is being processed by Tekniq Oy, how it is processed and for what purposes.
1. Controller of Personal Data
Business ID: 2697762-9
Kauppapuistikko 11 B
65100 Vaasa, FINLAND
2. Contact information for this Register
You may contact our Data Protection Officer, if you have any concerns related to the processing of personal data or the exercise of your rights under the EU Data Protection Regulation. Please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com.
3. Name of the Register
Job applicant and CV register (‘’Register’’)
4. The purposes and the legal basis for the processing
The Register contains information on job applicants, which is necessary for the establishing of an employment relationship between the job applicant and Tekniq Oy, its affiliates or their clients.
Based on data protection regulations, Tekniq Oy processes personal data on the following legal basis for processing:
|Purpose of processing personal data||Legal basis for processing|
|The processing of personal data is necessary in order to take steps to entering into a contract.||Agreement|
|The processing of personal data is necessary to manage the recruitment process, and thus for the conclusion of an employment agreement with Tekniq Oy, its affiliates or their Clients.|
Personal data shall be processed only insofar as it is necessary for the evaluation of the job applicant’s suitability to the position he or she has applied to or other open positions provided by Tekniq Oy.
Personal data can be used to contact the job applicant about other open positions provided by Tekniq Oy, that could be suited to the applicant.
The search for potential employees and the offering of employment for job applicants can be held as the legitimate interests of the Controller. The Controller shall make sure that the processing of personal data is proportionate to the interests of the data subject and corresponds with his or her expectations.
The data subject has the right to object the processing of personal data.
|Personal data may also be collected and updated from other sources, such as|
- job applicant’s referees
- Tekniq Oy’s co-operation partners
- Companies or authorities providing recruitment services
Tekniq Oy may collect personal data related to personality or aptitude tests upon the job applicant’s consent in order to determine the job applicant’s suitability.
|When required or permitted by law, Tekniq Oy may process personal data (e.g. personal credit information, criminal record information, results of medical tests) for conducting a possible pre-employment background screening or employee reliability evaluation.|
The controller informs the data subject in advance of collecting such information.
The processing of personal data involves profiling. The personal data shall be used to evaluate the suitability and competence of the job applicant to the position in question, or to search suitable projects for the applicant if a matching position is not currently available. Thus, the purpose of the profiling is to satisfy both the employer’s need to acquire competent workforce and the employee’s need to be employed in a suitable position. The profiling does not include wholly automated decision-making. The evaluation and decision-making is performed by Tekniq management involved in the recruitment process.
6. Categories of Personal Data contained in the Register
The Register may contain the following personal data concerning the data subject:
- Personal details
- first name and surname
- contact details (postal address and country, phone number, email address)
- Information included in the job application and related documents
- spoken languages
- date of birth
- work permit, including its validity and restrictions
- copy of driving license and/or passport
- work experience and work history with previous employers
- education, including qualification and other special skills certificate copies
- availability to work
- salary request
- other personal information given by the data subject in his/her CV, any application form or cover letter
- applicant’s wishes regarding employment assignment
- Data collected and processed during the recruitment process
- applied positions
- information given by the data subject in a job interview
- information on aptitude tests and references
Personal data in The Register is stored for 3 years from the date of last update.
7. Sources of Personal Data
Personal data is primarily collected from the job applicant, who fills in the necessary details and uploads his or her CV to The Register.
Personal data may also be collected from other sources upon the data subject’s consent such as the job applicant’s referees, Tekniq Oy’s co-operation partners or companies or authorities providing recruitment services.
The personal data of the job applicant may also be collected and updated without the consent of the data subject in the circumstances permitted or obliged by law.
8. Transfer of Personal Data and the Categories of Recipients of Personal Data
Personal data shall not be transferred to third parties without the permission of the data subject. Notwithstanding the above, personal data may be transferred to affiliates of Tekniq Oy within the limits of the purposes of processing determined in section 4.
Within the Tekniq Group: Personal data may be transferred to Tekniq affiliate companies within the limits of the purposes of processing determined above.
Permission: Based on the data subject’s permission, personal data may be transferred to those client companies of Tekniq Oy or its affiliates in whose assignments the data subject could be employed. In addition, personal data used to evaluate the suitability of a job applicant may be transferred to the partners assisting in the recruitment process.
Personal data shall not be transferred outside the European Union (‘’EU’’) or the European Economic Area (‘’EEA’’) unless it is necessary as regards to the purposes of processing determined above. In case personal data is transferred outside the EU or the EEA, Tekniq Oy shall conclude an agreement with a Client operating outside the EU or the EEA in accordance with the standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
9. Security of Processing
Secure processing of personal data is ensured by providing instructions as well as implementing access management to provide access to designated employees of Tekniq Oy or its affiliates. Also appropriate technical measures are implemented. Information security is evaluated and developed regularly.
10. Job applicant’s rights as a data subject
The data subject has the following rights as defined by the GDPR:
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- The right to have incorrect or incomplete information corrected or completed.
- The right to request deleting of personal data concerning him or her.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data, when applicable according to the GDPR.
- The right to transmit data concerning him or her to another controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- The right to object processing of personal data according to the requirements of the GDPR.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes the GDPR.
11. Updates to this privacy statement
Tekniq Oy seeks to develop its services continuously and thus reserves the right to modify this privacy statement. This privacy statement may also be updated to reflect any changes in applicable laws.